Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Bland Food

Well so far I have noticed that the foods I chose to buy are all very bland. Eating bread, peanut butter, pasta, and pretzels is already boring by day 3. I know that I can make myself eat these foods for one week, but only because I know that when day 8 rolls around I can finally "reward" myself with some fast food. I don't feel bad about making myself eat the same thing over and over again, but if I had a family and kids I was expected to feed, I can see myself feeling pretty guilty. I probably would have spent more time planning a more cheap, diverse menu if I was worrying about feeding someone else. As a future social worker, I think this week is going to help put into perspective what many of my client's will be going through living off of SNAP benefits. I know only experiencing this for one week can not open my eyes to all of the struggles faced, but I hope it will help me see some of them first-hand.

No comments:

Post a Comment