Monday, November 11, 2013

Longest grocery trip ever

Last night I took my $29.96 to the Dillon's down the street from my house. After a lot of price comparisons and bargain hunting, I spent a total of $25.79. For hardly spending much money, I spent the most time ever on that one shopping trip. I definitely realized how much meal planning would be necessary to live on this type of budget every week! 
As for what I bought, I tried to keep my purchases healthy. I hear a lot of arguments that eating healthier is too expensive so this week I'm challenging myself to not only live on a budget, but also continue to eat healthy. I purchased bananas, apples, and carrots fresh, some frozen vegetables, frozen strawberries, bread, milk, peanut butter, greek yogurt, cheerios, animal crackers and fresh chicken-- my splurge for the week since it was $5.23! 
I portioned out my food as soon as I got home too, since I normally eat a LOT and couldn't risk eating all of my food in one day! It's definitely going to be a challenging week and I'll probably get bored of eating the same food everyday, but I'm excited to give this challenge a try! 

No comments:

Post a Comment