Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Studying on an Empty Stomach

So far, this SNAP Challenge has been exactly what it's called-- a huge challenge. I've been pretty hungry yesterday and now today. Like Alex said, it's tough because I know I have food, but I don't have MUCH food, and if I eat too much today, will I have enough in a few days?
This week I have 3 tests.. It's hard to focus on studying or schoolwork when my stomach is growling. But, if I'm hungry after just a day and a half of the challenge and finding it so hard to focus, how do kids do it everyday? Some days all they eat is the meal provided at school. If I'm finding it this hard to focus on school, how much harder is it for them to hear the teacher's words over their own hungry thoughts? This week is definitely showing me how grateful I should be for the abundance of food normally available to me everyday and how hard it can be to live on so little.

No comments:

Post a Comment