Friday, November 15, 2013

Long day yesterday

Thursdays are my longest days of the week. Yesterday, I had an exam at 5:30. I stayed on campus from 8am-7pm. I brought some snacks, the usual poptarts and crackers, to hold me over throughout the day. I have to say oatmeal is a great choice for breakfast because it fills me up and I don't get hungry for a while. Plus, it's cheap obviously. The hardest part for me was my exam. I had been stressing out about it all day. It was an oral exam, meaning I had to meet with my professor one on one and he asked me questions and I would have to answer them and explain things to him. So a lot more stressful than my usual exams, and it was pass/fail so... Obviously after my exam I wanted to hit up the closest Taco Bell or McDonald's because I was starving and because I stress eat. Nothing sounded better than a root beer and something greasy. And now I am imagining eating a big mac right now... Seriously, I don't even like big macs that much. Anyway... I got home last night and made some mac and cheese, with a side of toast. Healthy. One thing that I have to confess I have "cheated" on is butter. When I went to walmart I didn't buy butter, but I have had to use it several times. This is something to think about though, because you need butter for a lot of the things you cook but I didn't factor it into my budget. Yes, I have four dollars left so I could have bought some but if there was something else big that you needed it would be hard to decide what you could buy.

I think I'm going to have a hard time this weekend. I'm really bad about eating out on the weekends, so this will be a struggle. I'm trying to decide what to eat for dinner... maybe another frozen pizza.

Good luck this weekend, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment