Sunday, November 10, 2013

My WalMart Trip

I just got back from my WalMart trip. Before going, I was pretty nervous. I'm a really picky eater and do not eat anything that I don't completely love. I also get tired of the same foods really quickly. Once I got there, I was feeling kind of lost. I usually just go through the aisles and pick out the foods that I like or that look good. I also eat a lot of fruits and vegetables, but I skipped both of those altogether. I wasn't sure what I could get that would be cheap and taste good. Another big issue that I'm going to have is that I am on campus for 10 hours a day sometimes. I eat lunch on campus every day, sometimes I bring my lunch but sometimes I eat at the PSU or somewhere close. Sometimes I am on campus for dinner too. This makes it really hard because I have to make sure that I have food that I can take to campus with me. I don't want to get half way through my day and be starving! So one thing I made sure to get were some foods I can take with me. I'm still nervous I'll get hungry and not be able to run through the PSU or a drive through. But I am going to do my best!

I live about 0.2 miles away from a WalMart market so I thought about just shopping each day, but decided to go ahead and just buy everything at once. I am so surprised by how much food I got for the money I spent! I usually spend around 70-100 dollars each time I go to WalMart. I spent $23.06! Yes, I will probably get tired of this food very quickly but I am still amazed. Some highlights off my receipt: ramen noodles (SO CHEAP!), frozen pizza, half gallon of skim milk (I usually buy skim milk anyways, and it's the cheapest so that's a plus!), oatmeal, 80 cent chicken pot pies, and crackers, and more. The most expensive item on my list was a box of great value poptarts at $2.68, how crazy is that? Most everything was under $1!

I'm nervous to start tomorrow! After my Walmart trip I went to KFC so.... You can tell I'm going to have trouble with this.

No comments:

Post a Comment